Are you ready to get active this summer!?
Here's 5 reasons why you should workout;
1) Working out can reduce blood pressure - Chronic hypertension is the number one form of heart disease. The causes of hypertension include the increased plaque in the arteries that builds up from consuming a high-fat diet. Exercise helps reduce your blood pressure, in part, by attacking the plaque in your arteries
2) Build Muscle Mass - Apart from the obvious of improving your outer appearance with additional muscle mass, strength training can also reverse the effects of “sarcopenia,” which is the loss of muscle strength that comes with age.
3) Boosts your energy - Because your body is functioning more efficiently you will have more oxygen to fuel your body's cells. As a result, you can go about your daily activities feeling less fatigued, stressed, and weary
4) Lowers Type 2 diabetes risk - You’ve probably heard that an increase in the prevalence of Type 2 diabetes is becoming a world-wide public health crisis. Even if you don’t care about the health of the world, you should care about your own risk of diabetes. By engaging in regular physical exercise, you improve your body’s ability to metabolize glucose, the key to staving off this disease.
5) Keeps Bones Strong - Another normal age-related change is the loss of bone mineral strength. Exercise and specifically weight training is the key to maintaining your bone’s health.
Now is the time to get active.We have devised a simple 10 minute workout that can be done anywhere, any place, without any equipment. Please give it a go and let us know your thoughts.